Thursday, October 8, 2009

WOW Wednesday!!!

OK, I had an awesome training day yesterday. It was one of those rare days that you almost feel invincible and just blast it ya know? Check it out.

I hit the gym by myself around 11 a.m. Just FYI- I've recently switched to a strength building/mass building program for the next few months... meaning heavy weights, lower reps on core lifts and then a few accessory lifts per workout. So at the gym:
1. BB Deadlift: warm up then: all work sets at 5 reps (except last is 5+ reps, meaning I just did as many as I could): Loads = set 1: 65% 1 RM, set 2: 75% 1 RM, and set 3: 85% 1 RM
2. Leg curls: 5 x 10-20 reps
3. Leg press: 5 x 20 reps
4. Ab/core work
5. Foam roller and stretching

OK... It may look like a simple routine, but my ass was tired afterwards. Big lifts take a lot of energy to do right. So in my mind I was done for the day.

Well, I have a client/friend I train a few nights a week. Well, he called me about an hour before his session and was like "You lifting with me tonight?" I was like Hell no brudda- you have no idea what I put myself through earlier today...

Well, after calling me degrading names and telling me to man-up, he convinced me to train with him last night... So here I go, two sessions in 1 day! To be honest, I was pretty excited once we got going. Here's what workout #2 looked like last night:

1. 50 total pullups
2. 100 45 lb. Kettlebell swings- I finished these with no breaks!!!!
3. DB Kroc rows: 2 x10 reps, 1 x absolute failure reps
4a. DB pullovers on Stability Ball: 2 x 15 reps
4b. Band rows: 2 x failure
5. DB hammer rows: 3 x 5 reps/arm
6a. Rev BB buddy curls: worked up to 10 reps per person
6b. BB buddy curls: worked back down starting at 10 reps down to 1 rep per person.


It was fun to say the least. I definitely had to dig deep on a few lifts, but I got that "I can tell I worked out feeling" last night and this morning and it feels good.

Live Happy. Train like a beast.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment